Recipe by Trisha W
It's about time for the summer vegetables to begin showing up. This is a tasty side dish in which to use some of them. I have had this recipe for years.
Top Review by sugarpea
A note for those who might have the same idea: I tried the no-fat/low-fat version of everything and used 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup water to replace the butter. It was not a happy outcome. I recommend you make this as written and not try to cut down on the fats. It will leave the casserole really flat tasting.
- 6 cups yellow squash or 6 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces herb seasoned stuffing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook all vegetables together in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes.
- Combine sour cream and soup.
- Fold in vegetables.
- Combine stuffing mix and melted butter.
- Spread half of the stuffing mixture in a greased 12x7 baking dish.
- Spoon vegetable mixture on top and cover with the remaining stuffing mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 30 minutes.