Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Uses zucchini or yellow squash or a combination of both.
- 907.18 g summer squash, green, yellow, can use both
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 177.44 ml reduced-fat sour cream
- 1.23-2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 177.44 ml crushed Ritz cracker, DIVIDED measure after crushing
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a 9" sqaure casserole dish; set aside.
- Slice or dice the squash and steam/boil it for about 10 minutes or until very tender. Drain very very well!
- Return the cooked drained squash to the pot and mash it with the onion, butter, and rf sour cream until fairly smooth.
- Stir in the salt, garlic powder, pepper, eggs, cheese and 1/2 cup ONLY of the crushed crackers.
- Pour the mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup crackers crumbs.
- Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes or until bubbly and lightly brown.
We both enjoyed this recipe a lot. It is fluffier than other squash casseroles I've tried. I used yellow squash and added diced red pepper for color right before pouring the mixture into a pan. Because I made a reduced amount the casserole was fairly thin and cooked a little quicker. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Yummmmm! I decided I wanted lots of texture, so didn't mash much. I diced the zucchini and halved the recipe. So good! Thanks Parsley! Made for Photo tag.