1/2 Photos of Summer Squash Bake
Uses zucchini or yellow squash or a combination of both.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs summer squash, green, yellow, can use both
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup crushed Ritz cracker, DIVIDED measure after crushing
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a 9" sqaure casserole dish; set aside.
- 2Slice or dice the squash and steam/boil it for about 10 minutes or until very tender. Drain very very well!
- 3Return the cooked drained squash to the pot and mash it with the onion, butter, and rf sour cream until fairly smooth.
- 4Stir in the salt, garlic powder, pepper, eggs, cheese and 1/2 cup ONLY of the crushed crackers.
- 5Pour the mixture into prepared baking dish.
- 6Evenly sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup crackers crumbs.
- 7Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes or until bubbly and lightly brown.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Squash Bake
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.4
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 307.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 9.7 g