Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great side dish for just about anything. Toasting the cumin seeds intensifies their flavor.
Make and share this Summer Squash and Corn Saute' recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diagonally cut zucchini, diagonally cut 1/4 inch (about 3/4 of a pound)
- 2 cups yellow squash, diagonally cut 1/4 inch (about 3/4 lb)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (2 oz)
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the cumin seeds for 30 seconds or until toasted, stirring frequently.
- Add the corn, sliced onion, and minced garlic, and saute for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the zucchini, yellow squash, green chiles, and 1/2 tsp salt, and saute' for 6 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the cilantro.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle cheese.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes until the cheese melts.