Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
Great side dish for just about anything. Toasting the cumin seeds intensifies their flavor.
Make and share this Summer Squash and Corn Saute' recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diagonally cut zucchini, diagonally cut 1/4 inch (about 3/4 of a pound)
- 2 cups yellow squash, diagonally cut 1/4 inch (about 3/4 lb)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (2 oz)
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the cumin seeds for 30 seconds or until toasted, stirring frequently.
- Add the corn, sliced onion, and minced garlic, and saute for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the zucchini, yellow squash, green chiles, and 1/2 tsp salt, and saute' for 6 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the cilantro.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle cheese.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
Fantastic and attractive side dish! My husband, Mr. No Veg, commented how much he liked it and this never happens. I made exactly as directed and wouldn't change a thing. Could also be served over brown rice as a vegetarian main dish. Toasting the cumin seeds releases lots of flavor and the medley of corn, onion and squash is simply wonderful. Lots of great taste without a lot of fat. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I love squash and zucchini and am always looking for different ways to prepare it. I really enjoyed the addition of corn and spices, however; I did leave out the chiles. I also skipped the cheese. I will keep this one.