Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious, summery casserole that my mother has been making for years!
- 2 lbs summer squash or 2 lbs zucchini, sliced (6 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Cook squash and onion in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes; drain.
- Combine soup and sour cream; stir in carrots.
- Fold in squash and onion.
- Combine stuffing and butter.
- Spread half of stuffing in bottom of 9x13-inch pan.
- Spoon squash mixture on top of stuffing.
- Sprinkle remaining stuffing over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes.
- Note: Can easily be made ahead and served later!
This was very rich and got great reviews at my house. For added color I used 4 c. yellow squash and 2 c. zucchini. This turned out really pretty with the orange of the carrots. Just a personal preference, but i think I almost like it better without the stuffing. It was too hot to light the oven so I cooked this in the microwave and it turned out fine.
This is really good. I had this recipe years and years ago....but lost it - I had been thinking about it recently. I was so glad when you mentioned it in a thread so that I could find it again. Thanks!
Rich and buttery , I ate so much my tummy hurts ! I made this for our dinner vegetable dish and it was a HIT ! Even my DH , who hates zuchinni loved it . We will be having this again soon ! :)