Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe I got from Taste of Home-What's cooking little magazine. I made it several times over the summer and it was really good. I made it when I was having company and everyone loved it. It was something different but yet simple & healthy to make.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh onion ring
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar or 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 large bananas, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Place the first 7 ingredients in a blender or food processor, cover and process until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the poppy seeds: process just until blended.
- In a salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle with dressing: toss to coat. Serve immediately.