Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lovely light summery weekend lunch dish!
- 10 ounces spaghetti
- 1 lb zucchini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated finely
- 6 red ripe tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 5 ounces brie cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until tender or according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, cut the zucchini in half lengthways, then cut into slices. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the zucchini and garlic for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the lemon zest, tomatoes and about 3 tbsp of the pasta water (enough to make the sauce).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes more until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the brie so it just starts to melt, then season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Drain the spaghetti well and add to the tomato sauce mixture.
- Toss well together, divide between bowls and serve.
This is great! I made it for supper, so started with sauteed chicken breasts (seasoned with sea salt and fresh rosemary), before adding zucchini etc. I also added about a tbs of fresh minced basil. My DH had 3 helpings! Really good leftovers for lunch the next day as well. Thanks for a great recipe, it's a keeper!