This is so versatile and the leftovers are great for work the next day. I sometimes use black olives or green olives. Whatever you like.
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 1⁄4 cup green olives
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Combine all the veggies and beans in a big bowl. Adds the herbs, garlic, some salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
*** Made for My 3 Chefs *** I made this for a gift opening I was going too. It went over very well. Lots of good comments, and it is all gone. I liked it better than the one I make with the bottled Italian dressing. What intrigued me the most about this recipe was the feta cheese in it, and the white beans. Very nice addition. I made this as a side, but could be definately a salad for a meal with the beans in it. Thanks for posting a great recipe.