Recipe by BecR
A magical love potion for your Summer solstice celebration, savored outside on a warm, balmy night under the stars! Summer's sweet ripe red strawberries and vodka, kirschwasser and strawberry liqueur are shaken then poured over ice into a highball glass, topped-up with sparkling Schweppes Russian and served with a fresh strawberry garnish! Enchanting! Recipe adapted from Celtnet.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce kirschwasser
- 1 teaspoon strawberry liqueur
- 5 fresh strawberries
- tonic water, as needed (use Schweppes Russian if available)
- 1 drop Angostura bitters
- splash grenadine
- halved fresh strawberry, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Purée the strawberries in a blender then pour over ice in a shaker before adding the Vodka, Kirsch and strawberry liqueur.
- Shake thoroughly then pour into a highball glass with ice, and top-up with the Schweppes Russian.
- *NOTE: If you can't find Schweppes Russian, use tonic water and add a drop of Angostura bitters and a splash of grenadine).
- Garnish with halved strawberries and serve.