Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This quick and easy recipe uses pre-cooked items along with short cooking items for a great meal.
Make and share this Summer Solstice Chicken and Rice Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 59.14 ml white wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml water
- 14.79 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 9.85 ml fresh thyme, snipped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 340.19 g boneless skinless chicken breasts (free-range, organic chicken is best)
- 236.59 ml green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 473.18 ml brown rice and wild rice (cooked according to package directions and chilled)
- 396.89 g jar artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 236.59 ml red cabbage, shredded
- 118.29 ml carrot, shredded
- 118.29 ml celery, diced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well. Chill well.
- When ready to cook, remove 2 tablespoons of the dressing and set the.rest back in the fridge. Brush chicken with the 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
- Grill or broil chicken until tender and no longer pink, turning once halfway through cooking—approximately 12 to 15 minutes. Cut chicken into thin strips.
- While chicken is cooking, blanch green beans and cool in ice water; drain well.
- In a large bowl toss together green beans, cooked rice, artichoke hearts, cabbage, carrot, celery, and scallions. Pour remaining vinaigrette over rice mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Serve rice mixture topped with chicken.