Member #610488's Note:
This quick and easy recipe uses pre-cooked items along with short cooking items for a great meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, snipped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (free-range, organic chicken is best)
- 1 cup green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups brown rice and wild rice (cooked according to package directions and chilled)
- 1 (14 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well. Chill well.
- 2When ready to cook, remove 2 tablespoons of the dressing and set the.rest back in the fridge. Brush chicken with the 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
- 3Grill or broil chicken until tender and no longer pink, turning once halfway through cooking—approximately 12 to 15 minutes. Cut chicken into thin strips.
- 4While chicken is cooking, blanch green beans and cool in ice water; drain well.
- 5In a large bowl toss together green beans, cooked rice, artichoke hearts, cabbage, carrot, celery, and scallions. Pour remaining vinaigrette over rice mixture and toss gently to coat.
- 6Serve rice mixture topped with chicken.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Solstice Chicken and Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.3
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 357.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 34.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar