Recipe by Member #610488
This quick and easy recipe uses pre-cooked items along with short cooking items for a great meal.
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, snipped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (free-range, organic chicken is best)
- 1 cup green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups brown rice and wild rice (cooked according to package directions and chilled)
- 1 (14 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 2 scallions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well. Chill well.
- When ready to cook, remove 2 tablespoons of the dressing and set the.rest back in the fridge. Brush chicken with the 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
- Grill or broil chicken until tender and no longer pink, turning once halfway through cooking—approximately 12 to 15 minutes. Cut chicken into thin strips.
- While chicken is cooking, blanch green beans and cool in ice water; drain well.
- In a large bowl toss together green beans, cooked rice, artichoke hearts, cabbage, carrot, celery, and scallions. Pour remaining vinaigrette over rice mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Serve rice mixture topped with chicken.