Recipe by *Alia*
Yummy fish quiche. Great as a dinner quiche, or made in smaller tart shells as an appetizer.
Top Review by CaramelPie
This was just OK. I had to use flounder instead of sole, since my store didn't have it. I liked it better hot than chilled. I think maybe the pimento stuffed olives really turned me off. It was very interesting to try.
- 1 prepared 10-inch pie shell
- 1 lb pacific sole fillet
- 1⁄4 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut sole fillets in half lengthwise, then cut across into pieces about 1 ½ inch long.
- In bottom of pie shell, layer olives, red pepper, and green onion in order given.
- Spread sole evenly over all.
- In a bowl or blender, combine eggs, cream, cheese, and seasonings and blend well.
- Pour mixture over sole to 1/8 inch from top edge of crust.
- Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven 350F 35 to 40 minutes or until a thin knife inserted in custard comes out clean.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- Before serving dust with paprika if desired.