Recipe by scotty74
seasoned meatballs in a creme sauce with penne pasta there are lots of variations on meatballs in creme sauce, this just my own twist.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- flour, to drudge
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- herbs (or more) or spices as for your own taste use less (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- combine 1lb of hamburger with above meatball mix ingredients. form into small meatballs about 1lb of hamburger should get you 13-14 balls. once all is mixed well, coat the meatballs in flour and put in casserole dish and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until 160 degrees internal.
- pasta - cook whenever and whatever you like.
- for the sauce.
- melt the butter in a non stick pot over MEDIUM heat, add onions and sweat them off (until soft), add garlic until the aroma fills your kitchen. remove pot from stove wait a minute then add the flour. stir until a paste forms and whisk the cream in and place back on heated burner. add and stir in basil and cheese. bring to soft boil. now drizzle that sauce over your pasta and meatballs! and dont forget to sprinkle more cheese on top!
- *garnish with parsley if desired.