Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Smokey, tart and sweet. Great chilled or warm. Note: garlic chives are available in the early summer months. If you can find them, they add a terrific flavor to the salad, but it's good without them too.
- 1 smoked chicken breast, finely diced
- 1⁄2 a tart apple, such as Granny Smith, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced sweet onion, such as Walla Walla Sweet
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic chives (optional)
- 1 few t. light mayonnaise (more or less depending on how mayonaisey you like your chicken salad)
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄4 cup cherries
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve on soft bread, such as sourdough, or atop crisp lettuce leaves.
- Or you can just eat it out of the bowl -- I did. :-).