Prep 8 mins
Cook 8 mins
A bountiful blend of fresh harvest vegetables make up this sensational skillet meal.
- 8 ounces uncooked dry penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons land o lakes butter
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices, halved*
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, leaves**
- 4 ounces land o lakes mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in 12-inch deep skillet until sizzling; stir in onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is lightly browned (4 to 5 minutes). Add zucchini, red and yellow peppers. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisply tender (4 to 5 minutes).
- Stir in cooked pasta, Parmesan cheese, tomatoes and basil. Continue cooking until tomatoes are heated through. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover; let stand until cheese is melted (1 to 2 minutes).
- *Substitute 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch slices; cut each slice into eighths.
- **Substitute 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves.
- TIP: This recipe can easily be divided in half for smaller families.