Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
This is really tasty and very easy to whip up. It's great as a side dish, or a light lunch. I've made it using cilantro and when I don't have Cilantro, I use basil. Both are very delicious! This salad is easy to make substitutions if you don't have one or two of the ingredients on hand. Enjoy, and of course, don't wait until summer to try!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow squash, julienne-cut
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, julienne-cut
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced (or fresh basil)
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare dressing, combine broth and cornstarch in a small saucepan, stirring with a whisk; bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in juice and next 5 ingredients (juice through peppercorns).
- To prepare salad, combine shrimp and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add dressing mixture to shrimp mixture, tossing well.
- Serve, or refridgerate until ready.