Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My favorite low-cal dish. I fell in love with this on vacation in Puerto Vallarta at the LeKliff restaurant. They served it in the shell of a coconut. Cool, spicy, light, fresh and delish! Not to mention low-cal, high protein, low carb and low fat! Measurements aren't exact and cooking time is chilling time. This is not traditional as I don't live near an ocean so I precook my seafood.. but you can cook the seafood by soaking in the lime juice for an hour if you prefer.
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb squid, cleaned and sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 lb scallops, quartered if large
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 large green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 medium red sweet onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup hot and spicy hot V8
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water, set aside.
- Add shrimp to boiling water, boil until pink then quickly remove and place shrimp in cold water to stop cooking.
- Put squid into boiling water, count to 5 then remove to cold water.
- Put scallops into boiling water, cook 1 minute then remove to cold water.
- Drain seafood and place into a non-metal bowl. Cover seafood with lime juice.
- Refrigerate one hour.
- Drain Rotel tomatoes well in colander.
- In a large glass or plastic bowl, mix together Rotel tomatoes and all other ingredients. Pour seafood, lime juice and all, into the mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Serve cold.