Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is like a hickory stick only MUCH BETTER! It is easy to make and you can double the recipe very easily. This is great for ANY get together, serve with crackers.
- 2 lbs 98% lean ground beef (you can substitute venison for the beef YUM!)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon Morton Tender Quick salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Combine all ingredients.
- Divide mixture into 3 equal parts and place each on a sheet of foil. Shape the mixture into logs (like salami) make them a litter bigger then a Ritz Cracker and roll up in the foil.
- Refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Remove from foil, lay on wire rack on cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for one hour.
- Place in plastic bag and refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve.