Recipe by srooc1
Do not rush this recipe. It needs the full 24 hours of refrigeration. You may use 1/2 hamburger and 1/2 ground venison or wild game for some great venison/ wild game summer sausage. You can add more or less peppercorns if you like.
- 10 lbs ground beef
- 5 cups water
- 10 tablespoons tender quick
- 2 cups peppercorns
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients with hands.
- Shape into 20 1/2lb logs.
- Wrap individual logs in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Bake on 300 degrees for 1 hour uncovered in a pan with a rack.
- Cool and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Freeze or refrigerate until ready to use.