Recipe by Lali
This is so good with crackers and cheese. It is much like hard salami
Top Review by Mysterygirl
It worked! They look like summer sausage! I'm so thrilled because I had to bake mine at 170 degrees since that is as low as my oven will go. I also ended up baking it for an extra half hour because I did them overnight. Next time though, I will add more garlic because I am such a garlic fanatic. Thanks for a great recipe. I'll definitely make this again when these are gone.
- 5 lbs ground chuck
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons Morton Tender Quick salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- Mix all ingredients together in glass or plastic bowl.
- DO NOT USE ANY METAL!
- Cover and put in refrigerator.
- Mix each day for 3 days.
- On fourth day, mix and form into 5 logs.
- Place on broiler pan.
- Bake 150F degrees to 160F degrees for 9 hours.