Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Similar to Vega Tapas Cafe in Metairie, LA
- 1 1⁄2 liters Burgundy wine (or any dry red wine)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup brandy
- 3⁄4 cup triple sec
- 2 large oranges, sliced
- 1 large orange, juice of
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 2 large limes, sliced
- 2 large apples, cored and sliced
- 1 liter club soda
- In a one gallon container (I used an "oyster bucket") add all the ingredients, except the club soda, and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Allow the mixture to stand for a couple of hours stirring occasionally.
- When ready to serve, place 1/2 of the mixture in a pitcher and add 1/2 of the club soda and stir.
- Serve over ice.
- When ready, add the club soda to the remainder of the wine mixture.
- Beware, it's light and fruity, but it packs a punch!