Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was in the Seattle Times on Aug 20, 2008. I made a couple of changes based on personal preference. This soup is similar to Gazpacho, but has some different veggies. It's very good on hot summer days. If you can't find Cilantro salsa, you can add 2 T minced cilantro in step #2.
- 2 lbs tomatoes, seeded, chopped and divided
- 1 red pepper, seeded, chopped and divided
- 3⁄4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3⁄4 cup corn
- 1 cup cilantro salsa
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup tortilla chips, broken
- Put half of the tomatoes and bell pepper in a food processor. Add all of the onion, garlic and chili, and process to a puree. Pour into a bowl.
- Stir in the remaining tomatoes and red pepper. Add the corn, salsa, water, beans, olive oil, salt, and lime juice. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Serve cold, topped with broken tortilla chips.