Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
We have this classic mozzarella, tomato, basil, onion salade with freshly grated cheese, each forkful is heavenly. Adjust the seasonings / any ingredient to your taste. All the ingredients ( except the cheese - to grate it easily ) are at room temp. for their full flavour.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced (I use beefsteak or roma)
- 1⁄2-1 cup mozzarella cheese, freshly grated coarsley,not the preshredded,packaged kind
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, drained & sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- fresh basil, coarsely chopped just prior to serving
- Toss the salade ingredients in a glass bowl.
- In a small glass mixing bowl; whisk the dressing, adjust to taste.
- Pour the dressing into the salade mix, tossing to coat.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the Basil on top of each serving.