Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is a main dish meal for hot summer days since they rarely involve actually turning on a stove, all you need to do is a bit of tossing.This is for 2 but it is very easy to prepare more. Use this vinaigrette : Summer Vinaigrette Spinkle with slivered basil to give your salad that summery look.
- 4 cups lettuce (chopped)
- 1⁄4 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 6 ounces tuna, drained
- 1 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 12 asparagus, cooked
- 2 cooked new potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup mixed pepper, cubed
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 4 slices cheese
- 1⁄3 cup oil & vinegar vinaigrette
- Toss the lettuce of your choice with 2 tblsp vinaigrette, so it's well coated. Arrange the lettuce on two dinner plates.
- Mound half the tuna in the centre of each plate of lettuce.
- Toss together peppers, zucchini and capers with 1 Tblsp vinaigrette. Spoon on lettuce to form a spoke.
- Arrange artfully tomato and onion in a mound on one side of the lettuce on each plate.
- Arrange the potatoes in a separate artful mound on the plates.
- Place asparagus as well as your favourite cheese on each plate.
- Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette.
- You can add boiled eggs,olives, artichokes.
- Make it with thinly sliced ham instead of tuna for a change.
- That is the fun part of this salad.
- You have your favourite ingredients.
- Serve with a baguette or a dinner roll and enjoy a cool summer meal.
- Bon AppÃ©tit!