Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posted for ZWT6, this sounds fabulous! Adapted from godutch.com The amounts for the salad greens and arugula seem low to me, I will probably add more when I make this. You can substitute the nectarines for strawberries, blueberries, and/or apples if desired.
- 7 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄4 ounce of fresh mint
- 3 nectarines
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 ounces mixed salad greens
- 3 ounces fresh arugula
- 2 ounces walnuts
- black pepper, to taste
- Cut the goat cheese into long slivers of about 1/3” wide.
- Peel the nectarines and divide them in segments.
- Heat a heavy skillet or stovetop grill pan. Thinly brush the nectarine segments with about 1 tbsp walnut oil. Grill them for a minute each side and take from the pan.
- Squeeze the half lemon over a small bowl, add honey, remaining walnut oil, fresh ground black pepper and salt to taste and whisk into a smooth dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad greens and goat cheese.
- Put the salad into four bowls and garnish with the grilled nectarine segments.
- Serve with a wholewheat baguette and a fruity wine such as Sangria if desired.
Excellent repeater! Made dressing and nectarines as posted. Dressing is exceptionally good. Grilled the nectarines earlier as we had dinner guests and did not want to be tied to kitchen while enjoying wine on deck. After grilling I refrigerated the nectarines. I used the logged goat cheese and did not use as much as posted probably about 1/3 and also did not use as much mint- 3 leaves per salad. Mint is VERY nice with this combination of salad ingredients-but mint is strong so was careful. Thank you TheWallaces for sharing.
This is good. I used goats milk feta as that is what I had but I think this recipe means the logged goat cheese. I used fresh mint from the garden not sure if I liked that in there or not, and the suggested blueberries as I did not have nectarines. I used unrefined sunflower oil instead of walnut oil as I didn't have any on hand, freshly squeezed lemon juice, unpasturised local honey, a mix of baby arugula and baby spinach (mostly arugula) the walnuts and freshly ground black pepper and sea salt. I did not grill my blueberries but would suggest trying such with the nectarines which I think would go better together with this salad. I also did not measure but did everything to taste. Made for ZWT6 Germany/Benelux region, for my team, The Ya Ya Cookerhood.
Made for dinner last night. Loved this salad, the flavor of the dressing with the goat cheese was excellent. Used olive oil, peaches and mixed organic salad. Thank You. Made for ZWT6 for the No-Nonsense Nibblers.