Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad holds together well, so is great for cookouts picnics, etc. Adapted from Cooking Light magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, julienned (1-inch long)
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow squash, julienned (1-inch long)
- 1 cup corn kernel (fresh-about 2 ears)
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, julienned (1-inch long)
- 3 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- To prepare salad:.
- Combine zucchini and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- To make vinaigrette:.
- Combine the 7 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Add the vinaigrette to the salad, toss well. Cover and chill.
- Makes 4 servings.
We really enjoyed this GREAT TASTING SALAD! Was going to cut back on the amount, but then wanted to see how leftovers would hold up, & they did just fine ~ Just as tasty the 2nd time around! I did use some Vadalia onion here instead of the red one, but other than that . . . right down the line! Thanks for sharin', Sharon! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my Raw Food partners in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 4]
We loved this salad! I used extra zucchini instead of yellow squash and a combo of red and green peppers. I'm sure I used extra of everything in the salad, but I also used this as a main course, so that is probably necessary. I also "beefed" it up with a can of garbanzo beans and a packet of tuna. The dressing was mellow and just citrus-y enough. It may have gotten stronger if I had chilled it longer, but I only stuck it in the fridge for about 45 minutes. This is such a quick salad! It is so summery that I can't wait to make it again and again while everything is in season! Thanks so much for posting this Sharon!