Recipe by cbreezie904
Here is a twist to an old favorite. My sister and I used to eat a tomato sandwich we would take turns fixing them. One night I added lettuce,pickles and cheese!! We called it our Salad Sandwich!!So simple and soooo good!
Top Review by rseal
I eat a version of this sandwich almost every day. I use a five seed wheat bread...spread it with a little cream cheese and a sprinkling of black pepper. Over the cream cheese just a bit of grated cheddar. Next come the veggies...sliced heirloom tomatoes, a thin Claussen dill slice that I jullienne, romaine cut into strips, some thin sliced cucumber if I have any around and a very thin slice of red onion. Very very delicious and good for you too! Oh...and sometimes I make it into a wrap with a small flour tortilla instead of the bread, slice on the bias. Very good that way as well.
- 2 slices bread (Homemade is great, I like rye)
- 1 medium vine ripe tomatoes, room temperature (or right out of the garden, cold is good too!)
- fresh cold iceberg lettuce
- cold dill pickle slices
- any type of sliced cheese
- Miracle Whip or mayonnaise, to your liking
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Either toasted or untoasted bread will work!
- Spread both slices of bread with either Miracle Whipp or mayonnaise as much as you like!
- Wash and slice your tomato and put two or three slices on one side of the bread then layer on the lettuce and pickles add the slice of cheese and top with the other slice of bread and you got a wonderful refreshing Salad Sandwich!.
- try adding on your favorites like sliced avocado, jalapenos or bean sprouts maybe even some mandrain orange slices for a slightly sweet temptations!