Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Oh, yum! I just saw this recipe on Yahoo and had to post it so I wouldn't lose it. Sounds very refreshing and healthy.
- 1 cup peeled cucumber, cut in 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 cups riped tomatoes, cut in 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large red bell peppers or 1 large green bell pepper, cut in 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup feta cheese (crumbled or cubed) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive (optional)
- 2 scallions, cut in 1/4-inch slices (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Chop the fresh vegetables as described above and place in a large salad bowl or glass bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve so the salad will be nice and cold.
- If adding olives, feta, herbs, and/or green onion, sprinkle them evenly over the salad.
- Mix the oil and vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and set aside until ready to serve.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables, toss.
- Taste for salt, pepper, quantity and balance of the dressing.
- Add more of any of the dressing ingredients if you like.