Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a prep-ahead salad created for a summer BBQ potluck. Do the prep work at home and toss it together when you're ready to serve. This recipe makes enough to serve the first round and a second round of hungry guests.
- 3⁄4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 navel orange, large, juiced
- 1 navel orange, juice of segmented Navel Orange
- 2 (6 ounce) bags Baby Spinach
- 1 (16 ounce) bag broccoli, and carrot shredded slaw
- 1 navel orange, segmented (reserving the juice to include in the salad dressing)
- 1 cup candied pecans, broken into pieces
- This is a prep-ahead salad created for a summer BBQ potluck. Do the prep work at home and toss it together when you're ready to serve. This recipe makes enough to serve the first round and a second round of hungry guests.
- Salad: combine all the spinach with the broccoli and carrot slaw. Transfer half to your serving bowl, reserve the second half for the second round. Add half of the orange segments and half of the candied nuts and toss well with half of the salad dressing. Repeat when the salad runs low.
- Segment one large Navel Orange. Cut one of the oranges in to segments and reserve the juice to add to the salad dressing. Set the orange segments aside in a container with a lid.
- Salad Dressing.In a jar with a lid combine all of the Salad Dressing ingredients, put the lid on and shake it up. Taste it and then a pinch at a time adjust the sweet, the heat and salt with granulated sugar, red pepper flakes and salt if needed. Allow at least an hour for the dressing ingredients hen array.
- When you're ready dress, toss and serve the salad.