Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great little simple summer salad. If watching your sugar, use a sugar subtitled like Splenda, Truvia or Stevia.
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1 large vidalia onion, sliced and separate rings
- 4 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- Heat sugar and vinegar until sugar dissolves.
- In a large bowl, combine rest of ingredients.
- Pour sugar/vinegar mixture over cucumber mixture. Mix well.
- Allow to set overnight or for at least 8 hours.
Made this recipe as given & it was delicious! This first time I did use regular sugar, but as my other half has strongly suggested, I'll use a sugar substitute another time! And, if I had garden-fresh tomatoes (which I didn't) it would have been even more flavorful, I know! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]