Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing Greek-style salad. Use good quality tomatoes.
- 500 g tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, unpeeled and sliced
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, de-seeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 100 -200 g feta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper
- Arrange salad ingredients in a large bowl or platter that has been rubbed with the garlic clove.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and beat until well blended.
- Pour the desired amount of dressing over the salad.
- Let sit for 10 minutes, toss gently and serve.
I enjoyed this Greek style salad for lunch. Love all the different flavors! Thanks! Made for PAC(Pick a Chef) event in the contest/events forum.
Wonderful lettuce-less salad! I get something similar to this at my local Greek restaurant. I really enjoyed this, just cut the amount of bell pepper down a tad due to personal preference. I also increased the amount of vinegar in the dressing and used wine vinegar. Made for PAC, Spring 2010.
We love this salad. It is so easy to make and so delicious. Next time we will get a photo. Yummo!