Recipe by The Soup Nazi
From Yahoo Food... Lettuce-less salad! I haven't tried it yet, but you can already tell its going to be yummy!
- 4 cups cucumbers, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 4 cups tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted (optional)
- 2 scallions, cut into 1/4 inch slices (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the vegetables as described and place in large bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve. If adding olives, feta, herbs, and/or green onion, sprinkle them over the salad.
- Mix the oil and lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside until ready to serve.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Taste for salt, pepper, quantity and balance of dressing. Add more of any of the dressing ingredients if you like.