Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another of our favorite summer recipes. My nephew has loved this since the age of 5, and is great to take on picnics or to pitch-ins. It's supposed to be served cold, but I usually have a bowl before putting it into the refrigerator.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box Kraft macaroni and cheese (prepared per pkg directions)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter (not spread or tub product) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (not spread or tub product)
- 1⁄4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped finely
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Prepare macaroni & cheese according to package directions.
- While mac & cheese is still hot, add 1/4 cup Hellman's mayo, chopped tomato, chopped green pepper and chopped green onions.
- Mix & refrigerate until ready to serve.
***Made for My 3 Chefs*** This salad was very intriguing to me. I omitted the tomatoes, just a preference thing. I also subbed the green pepper with red pepper. Again, a preference thing. I also added cucumber. I was a little concerned about putting mayo in a warm salad, but it worked out fine. Next time, though, I'm going to maybe jazz up the mayo when I add it. That is the wonderful thing about salads, they are very versatile. Thanks for posting this recipe.