Recipe by Miss Annie in Indy
I had something similar at Applebys. They served theirs with chicken and chips, which I omitted for lunch. I thought it was delicious. Posting here so I won't forget.
- 2 cups shredded leaf lettuce (red leaf or romaine is good)
- 1⁄8 cup canned corn niblet (canned or thawed frozen)
- 1⁄8 cup black beans (canned rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 small diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix lime juice, honey and cilantro, Adjust seasoning to taste, set aside.
- Wash lettuce and pat dry.
- Shred lettuce or lay on cutting board and slice in thin strips.
- Place on plate.
- Sprinkle corn over lettuce.
- Sprinkle beans over lettuce.
- Peel and mince onion, sprinkle over salad.
- Wash, peel, dice tomato over salad.
- Add desired amount of salad dressing.
- Salt and pepper if desired.