Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 7 ounces firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces rice stick noodles
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 medium carrot, sliced into thin sticks
- 8 (9 inch) round rice paper sheets
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (to taste)
- Drain tofu, and blot dry with paper towels. Cut tofu into 32 stick-shaped pieces. Lightly coat tofu pieces with flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu to skillet, and cook until golden brown. Drain tofu slices on paper towels.
- In large bowl, place noodles. Cover with boiling water. Let sit until softened, 5 minutes. Drain noodles, and set aside.
- Working with one wrapper at a time, soften in warm water for 20 to 30 seconds. Lay softened wrappers on dry dishcloth.
- Three inches from bottom of wrapper, place 4 cilantro leaves, 4 mint leaves, 1 stick of carrot, a small mound of noodles and 4 pieces of tofu.
- Gently lift bottom edge of wrapper over filling. Fold sides into center over filling, and continue rolling tightly. Repeat procedure with remaining wrappers and filling. Slice rolls in half at an angle.
- In small bowl, mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar and chili garlic sauce. Serve rolls with dipping sauce on side.