Recipe by abbydabby
This is a recipe I altered aftering finding online - cooking light, I think. It's a great dish that can be eaten/served chilled or warm. The dish is great for summer parties or just something to add to an everyday dinner/lunch. Add 1/4 cup of grated romano cheese after preparation of the dish for some added flavor!!!
Top Review by linguinelisa
This is a nice change for a salad or side dish. Even though it's not summer I made it using frozen green beans. I forgot about the onions but I think it would be good with or without them. Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2012.
- 2 cups white rice, steamed (Basmati, Jasmine, Long Grain, etc.)
- 10 ounces green beans, steamed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam white rice according to package directions. Easiest is to buy frozen rice and steam in microwave.
- Steam green beans. Again, best to buy bagged beans and microwave for steaming according to directions on bag.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Chop 1/2 cup green onions.
- Place chicken broth, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper into pot above low heat for 3 minutes, stir constantly. Add remaining ingredients and stir over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or place in refrigerator until chilled and serve.