Recipe by ellie_
This delicious salad is great with pork or chicken.
Top Review by Rita~
This crisp & chewy salad was very good! Refreshing. in place of the spinach I used ice burg and basil leaves. I used 1 cup of cooked brown rice which was plenty. Zucchini ranges in size so much that I used 1 cup of it. As for the apples I couldn`t use just a half so I used that whole apple which equaled 1 cup. In place of the 1/2 orange I used 6 ounce can drained manderin oranges. This is a great summer salad!
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups spinach leaves, washed,stemed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked and cooled to room temperature
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled cored and diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 orange, peeled,sectioned and section pieces halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dressing ingredients (vinegar- pepper) in a jar and shake well to combine all ingredients.
- Combine remaining salad ingredients, starting with the spinach and ending with the orange pieces. Toss.
- Shake dressing again.
- Add dressing to salad. Toss.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Toss again before serving.