Recipe by TansGram
This is a recipe I inherited from my mother. This is a really good salad for the dog days of summer. Cook time is chill time.
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash ground marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, cut into thin julienmne strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, cut into thin julienne strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rice, celery, green pepper, olives, and grated onion in large mixing bowl.
- Combine oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, dry mustard and marjoram in small bowl.
- Blend thoroughly; pour over rice mixture; mix well.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Before serving, toss in ham and cheese.
- Line a salad bowl with lettuce leaves. Fill bowl with rice salad.
- Garnish with tomato wedges, if desired.