Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
During summer when raspberries are at their best, here's a delicious way to use them up. Using whole wheat flour makes it more of a hearty cake but so tasty!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Mix together, eggs, sugars and butter until creamy, add vanila extract.
- Sift together flours and baking soda.
- Add creamy mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Gently incorporate the fresh raspberries.
- Butter 8 x 8 square pan.
- Bake at 350 F for approximately 30-35 minutes (convection oven).
- For icing: mix together icing sugar, yogourt and butter. Drizzle all over cake.