Recipe by gemini jodi
My son has celiac disease & one of his favorite summer foods is pasta salad. So, I've tweaked one of my favorite pasta salad recipes, so he can enjoy it too. The beauty of this recipe is its infinite possibilities. I never make it the same way twice. In this recipe, I've listed all of the add-ins I've used (never all at once), but feel free to make it your own. Many non-GF friends have asked for the recipe, so here it is...
Top Review by joyrowe
I made this recipe for a potluck/BBQ where there were a lot of vegetarians, and it was a huge hit! I got so many compliments. In particular, the dressing/marinade was one of the best I've ever tasted. I'm thinking of using it as a salad dressing and in other recipes. Thanks for posting!!!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1⁄2 cup radish, diced
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, halved
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, sliced
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta salata
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water (salted, if you want) in large saucepan to boiling & add quinoa. Cook 15 minutes or until cooked (follow directions on quinoa package, cooking times vary by type of quinoa). Once cooked, fluff & put in large mixing bowl to cool.
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper, herbs & garlic in blender or whisk well in small mixing bowl. Pour this mixture (viniagrette) over quinoa to "marinate.".
- If veggies and add-ins aren't prepped yet, chop them while quinoa "marinates." Stir remaining ingredients into quinoa, serve. Can be served warm (fresh), at room temperature or slightly chilled.