Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
My favourite for the last 30 years of my being!
- 2 potatoes, boiled or microwaved
- 1 cup of chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch turmeric (optional)
- Peel and chop/mash the potatoes coarsely.
- Heat oil in pan (on medium heat) and add all the spices and salt.
- Add potatoes and onions and keep on tossing gently on medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- Toss them after every 20 seconds or so.
- Serve with steamed rice, arabic bread, normal bread, indian bread or eat it without any accompanyment.
- It is just right to cook in summer.
I agree with Charishma, these are interesting-looking; the turmeric lends a gold hue to the potatoes and, of course, they're flecked with green from the onions. I liked it. Great tasting potatoes, but really dry. I used russets; maybe red or Yukon Gold boiling potatoes would have been less dry. With all the cumin, these potatoes lend themselves well to anything Southwestern. I topped mine with a little fat free sour cream to counteract the dryness. I should think salsa and guacamole would also be great.
AWESOME! SPLENDID! REALLY TASTY! Welcome to Zaar, Mini! I was soo glad to see you back with a recipe, that I knew I had to make it rightaway. Luckily, I had just exact spring onions to make this as a side dish for lunch this afternoon for my dad and me. It was ready even before I knew it and we enjoyed it with bread and rotis. Dad and me both admired the interesting look of this dish. A definite keeper! Will make again!