Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing sandwich but don't forget the napkins.
- 4 watermelon wedges, seeded and rinds removed
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast, skinned
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 whole wheat pita bread, halved
- 1⁄4 cup prepared spreadable herb cheese
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- Place sliced watermelon on paper towels to remove excess liquid.
- Mix chicken, cilantro, yogurt, garlic salt and cayenne.
- Spread inside surfaces of pita bread halves with herb cheese.
- Fill each with about 1/4 cup chicken mixture.
- Arrange watermelon and lettuce in pita bread.
Loved the cooling watermelon in this pita. Made with feta not the spreadable cheese. I toasted the pita. Making half the recipe. Made for Whine and Cheese "ZWT 6" Thanks!