Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A sweet homemade slaw salad recipe. Makes a great summer dessert.
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage (approx 1/4 cabbage)
- 1⁄4 cup of finely shredded carrot (approx 1 large carrot)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup pineapple chunks in heavy syrup (approx 1 small can, cut chunks into smaller pieces)
- 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice (approx 1 small lime)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not miracle whip)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- In a large bowl mix mayonnaise, honey, lime juice, (and if you want pineapple syrup. Don't add the pineapple syrup if you want a creamier consistency).
- Incorporate coleslaw, carrots, raisins, and pineapple chunks.
- Mix well cover and refrigerate.
- Mix again just before serving.