1/1 Photo of Summer Picnic Pasta Salad
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This delicious sweet and tangy pasta salad is just bursting with color. It's made with very little mayo, which makes it good for outdoor gatherings. Feel free to substitute 1 cup of any vegetable that you prefer (mushrooms, cucumbers, zucchini, or tomatoes all work well too)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb tri-colored pasta (I've used shells or spiral shaped)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olive
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed marinated mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1Blanch broccoli and asparagus in boiling salted water, and plunge into ice bath to stop cooking.
- 2Cook pasta until al dente.
- 3Rinse with cold water and drain.
- 4Toss pasta with chopped vegetables.
- 5Mix first 5 ingredients of dressing, and slowly whisk in oil.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Toss dressing with pasta and vegetables.
- 8Chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Picnic Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.3
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.1 mg
- Sodium 82.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g