Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great summer dinner with grilled chicken and rice. The original recipe came from the GA Pecan Commission. It's so easy and really great on hot summer nights served with a little corn bread and a chilled dry, white wine. *For the salad dressing I use Garlic Vinaigrette and for the Creole Seasonings I use Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- creole seasoning
- 3 cups rice, cooked in chicken broth and saffron
- 5 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vinaigrette dressing
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted
- Season chicken with Creole Seasonings and grill either on the grill or in a stove-top grill pan until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, place tomatoes, celery and basil and toss with the vinaigrette.
- Slice the chicken.
- Add rice and chicken and salad greens to the bowl and toss well.
- Serve on chilled plates and top with toasted pecans and sliced green onions.
Husband and I both really liked this dish. Both of us were little unsure about the rice but after we made it we thought it was wonderful. The toasted pecans really add a great flavored.