Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
BHG Dinnertime Express
- 1⁄4 cup dried tomatoe (not oil-packed)
- 2 tablespoons dried mushrooms (such as shitake or porcini)
- 6 ounces dried bow tie pasta
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced (1.25)
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless pork chop, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Soak tomatoes and mushrooms in enough boiling water to cover for 5 minutes. Drain and snip, discarding mushroom stems. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding beans to the water with pasta. Add squash the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, stir together the milk, chicken broth, onion, cornstarch, lemon-pepper seasoning, and salt; set aside. Trim fat from chops. Sprinkle chops lightly with additional salt and lemon-pepper seasoning. In a large skillet cook chops in hot oil over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until chops are slightly pink in center and juices run clear, turning once halfway through cookin. Remove chops from skillet. Cut into thin bite-size strips. Keep warm.
- For sauce, drain fat from skillet. Pour cornstarch mixture into skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of skillet. Reduce heat; cook for 2 minutes more. Stir in mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Divide pasta mixture among 4 dinner plates. Arrange meat strips on each serving; spoon sauce over all.