Recipe by Annacia
We love pasta year round. This combo is one we like a lot.
Top Review by momaphet
This was a simple and delicious dish. The first four stars were for the flavor, color and textures and the 5th for the simplicity. I really liked the background flavor of the wine which is very subtle (I used Trader Joe's 3 buck Chuck Chardonnay) The only changes I made was to cut the recipe in half and I didn't have marjoram, so left that out. I'm a true carnivore so to have a meatless dinner (I served this with a green salad and french bread) that was tasty and satisfying was a nice change and a perfect light meal for a warm summer evening. Thanks Annacia, I'll definitely be making this again.
- 1 lb fusilli or 1 lb rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups small zucchini (quartered lengthwise and sliced)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (I use veggie stock)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
- salt and pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until tender but as firm as you like; drain and keep hot.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add zucchini and garlic; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes and wine, cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Stir in herbs; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss sauce with hot pasta.
- Serve immediately, with Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top.