Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love pasta year round. This combo is one we like a lot.
- 1 lb fusilli or 1 lb rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups small zucchini (quartered lengthwise and sliced)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (I use veggie stock)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
- salt and pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until tender but as firm as you like; drain and keep hot.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add zucchini and garlic; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes and wine, cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Stir in herbs; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss sauce with hot pasta.
- Serve immediately, with Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top.
This was a simple and delicious dish. The first four stars were for the flavor, color and textures and the 5th for the simplicity. I really liked the background flavor of the wine which is very subtle (I used Trader Joe's 3 buck Chuck Chardonnay) The only changes I made was to cut the recipe in half and I didn't have marjoram, so left that out. I'm a true carnivore so to have a meatless dinner (I served this with a green salad and french bread) that was tasty and satisfying was a nice change and a perfect light meal for a warm summer evening. Thanks Annacia, I'll definitely be making this again.
Yet another who didn't have marjoram, blush, I must plant some!! I used the wine, and a can of crushed tomatoes, which probably gave me more sauce than required but very good nonetheless. Thoroughly enjoyed this for a quick dinner, thank you, Annacia, I always enjoy good ways of using zucchini, a prolific and cheap vegetable here. Lovely recipe, made for PRMR tag game, thank you!
This was so good! I had it completed in 15 minutes! I didn't have marjoram, used chicken stock and rotini pasta. Very fresh and lite, made a great lunch. I also cut the recipe in half and have another lunch ready for later in the week. Made for 123Hits.