This is a refreshing pasta salad that will go with almost anything. It is fairly quick to make and yummy. You can use any kind of pasta--depends on my mood. The amounts given below are approximate as I don't measure for this one.
- 6 ounces dry pasta (cooked)
- 5 sweet gherkins (sliced thin, not the midgets)
- 15 green olives (sliced)
- 15 black olives (sliced, not Greek olives)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 English cucumber (diced)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄8 cup pickle juice
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta and drain well.
- While cooking chop up everything and put in a bowl; add the mustard and pickle juice to this and mix.
- Add the pasta; then the mayonnaise.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours to blend.
Wonderful pasta salad. Thanks for posting! I made it exactly as written, flavor was excellent.
Mimi,this really hit the spot today,as it is the 29th day of 100-plus degrees.I like the pickle juice in it.I loved the combination of sweet and tart.Thank you for the Cool-salad. Rose of Sharon