Recipe by chia
when the garden is abundant this makes a quick healthy dinner
Top Review by ellie_
Wonderful! Tasty, fast ,easy and very adaptable to what I had on hand--what a perfect combination! I changed the porportations of the ingredients a bit to use up what I had in the fridge--perfect for a quick and delicious meal. Chia thanks for sharing this keeper recipe that we will be making all year round.
- olive oil, for sauteing
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced
- 2 lbs assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 vidalia onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- add olive oil to a skillet to cover bottom, heat.
- add zucchini, onions, and red pepper flakes, saute about 3-5 minutes, remove and set aside. add mushrooms, saute until softened over medium heat, about 10-15 minutes.
- add garlic, herbs and zucchini mixture back to skillet.
- add cooked pasta and tomatoes to skillet.
- add some water if pasta is dry.
- season with salt & pepper.
- serve, topped with freshly grated cheese if desired.